Enjoy Your Vacation!
Summer is approaching at a rapid place, with summer vacation dreams being at the forefront of everyone’s minds. Because beach vacation spots are the most popular choices for many families, couples, or even singles looking to relax, it’s time to start thinking of a vacation destination as well as making the most out of your time there.
- Packing the necessary items. The most obvious choices, of course, are swimwear, sunglasses and casual clothing suitable for beach vacation weather. You may want to consider some more “dressier” items if your plans include a fancy night on the town. Because airline restrictions make it difficult to pack larger versions of your favorite personal care items, you may want to consider packing full-size versions in ziploc bags, which will prevent leaking and damage to your clothing.
- Don’t neglect your suncare. Beach vacations means lots of sun. And while everyone wants to come back from the beach looking tanned, healthy and refreshed, it is important that you take the proper precautions to protect your skin.
- Prepare yourself for any mishaps that occur. This includes securing any valuables that you may bring along with you, ensuring that you have access to funds in terms of traveler’s checks or foreign currency (if you are traveling to one) and a backup credit card stashed away for emergencies. Sunburn and insect bites can occur, if you are planning on bringing any first-aid remedies with you, be sure to check any local customs laws as to what you are allowed to bring in. Be sure to have any prescription medications that you need to bring with you in their original bottles, as this will prevent any questions during customs.
- Be sure to account for any souvenirs you plan to buy. Beach vacation spots offer plenty of places for tourists to indulge themselves in unique shopping experiences that are native to the country or area that they are in. If you are planning on traveling out of the country, check the local customs laws in advance to see exactly what you are permitted to take home, and then be sure to leave room in your luggage. It may be more feasible to ship larger items back to your home, as well as safer than trusting them to airport baggage handlers.
- Explore fun and unique activities that you wouldn’t find at home. One great thing about a beach vacation, especially in popular Caribbean vacation spots, is that there are a wealth of activities that you won’t get to experience at home. Some popular activities for beach fun include snorkeling, scuba diving, glass boat tours, visiting local markets, and many more. Think about what you like to do and explore your options!
- Be prepared to sample the local cuisine. Part of making your beach vacation unique is sampling what the local cuisine has to offer. Many different areas, even those in the U.S., are known for their “specialties,” and each area has it’s own unique flavor when it comes to cuisine. Be adventurous and give it a try!
- Picking the right vacation spot. Although listed last, this is the most important component in your beach vacation planning. Each person or family has their own unique view on what beach fun consists of, and it is important to choose a vacation spot that allows you both relaxation and the ability to enjoy yourself so that you can feel refreshed when you return!
One spot that embodies all of the above is Country Negril, located on the legenday Seven Mile Beach in Jamaica. With miles of clear blue skies and sandy beaches, Country Negril offers a variety of activities to appeal to those looking for the ultimate beach destination.
Offering private cottages along the beach designed by award-winning Jamaican architect Ann Hodges, Country Negril makes you feel as if you are in your own private world, with a number of amenities in each cottage designed to make the most out of your Jamaican vacation.
Whether you are looking for activities such as scuba diving or biking, or taking a private taxi to experience a live Reggae show, Country Negril has something for everyone. Dining options are available for breakfast, lunch or dinner, served with traditional Jamaican flair, as well as Country Peppa’s Bar and Grill, where they never run out of Red Stripe! Or you can choose to relax in the comfort of your own private cottage and take advantage of room service.
Whatever you are looking for in a beach vacation, Country Negril has something for everyone. For more information visit their website or contact the friendly staff, who will be glad to answer any questions that you have!